Saturday, August 14, 2010

Project Start

After signing up for the Crucible's Create program last week, and getting checked out, I didn't have time to make it over during the week.  Today was the first day I had a chance, and I took advantage of it to get in an hour or two of work.


Here is the space I'm working in.


Here are my starting materials - 9 40" pieces of 1018 cold rolled steel.  I actually wanted hot rolled, but the guy there thought 1018 only came in cold rolled. 


And here is one of the pieces in the forge.  This is actually an old piece of metal I had from a previous class.  I'm using it to warm up before working on the actual pieces.  The end you see is the main working end - you can see the start of the curl I'm working on.  The other end is in the forge so that I can bend it and make it easier to hold while working on the curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment